Pages

Thursday, January 12, 2012

My Morning, Noon, and Night Coffee

Personally I'm not much of a coffee drinker, but I can appreciate the bold and rich flavors that it brings. Lately my friend Eve and I have gotten into eating espresso laced desserts--from cakes to brownies: they're fantastic.


This is my second time making this espresso chiffon cake. And like many of my endeavors (billiards, math, extemp), the first time was better, but I might have also been drunk while eating the first one, soooo that's debatable. The first time, I also had to steal 9 eggs from various fridges in the dorm, so perhaps this time was marginally better. 




Any rate, I find that using simple whipped cream instead of the fudge frosting Deb uses is perfectly normal and even desirable. For me, the cake tastes more of cinnamon than it does of coffee, which has its pros and cons, but many people swear it tastes just like a good cup-o'-joe. And like my rare coffee, I like to enjoy this with a scoop of vanilla ice cream. 



No comments:

Post a Comment