Pages

Thursday, January 12, 2012

Something Not so Sweet

Initially I had wanted this blog to only be about the sweet things that I baked, but this morning I was hit with something so nostalgic and happy it was almost sweet. Breakfast is a happy deal for me; I really try to wake up when I can to make myself something nice. Although, with school and my poor sleeping habits, this is more of a dream than a reality.

This morning, I decided to skip the sleeping and opt for eating, hehe. I wanted to make something quick and easy and hopefully rather balanced. So I made omurice. Omurice is short for "omellete-rice", but in asian. It's basically rice fried with ketchup (???) and anything else you want to put in it, all wrapped in a layer of egg.


Pictured is my single-serving omurice; it's so cute! Not pictured are the sundried tomatoes and mushrooms I put in the rice.

Also not present here are the bacon, yogurt, and fruit additions to my breakfast. Yum!


And sparkling cider makes it all so lovely!

No comments:

Post a Comment